As the long days of hitting the skate park, lounging at the beach, and chatting around the bonfire slowly wind down, Fall might be on your mind. Whether you are planning to start Autumn early or hold on to every ounce of Summer, it’s never too early to start planning your Fall wardrobe. Not sure where to start? The following trends are taking runways and fashion blogs by storm for the upcoming season.
- Turtlenecks: These sweater staples are making a big comeback. Before you start raiding your grandfather’s closet, remember that color, fit, and material can make or break this cozy look. So, opt for high quality fabrics and darker shades to make your sweater more stylish.
- Quilted Jackets: These pieces started making an appearance last season, but they are now here in full force. Quilted jackets are a subtle alternative to the puffer jacket. They allow you to stay warm on brisk days without feeling weighed down. As with any jacket, fit matters, so pay attention to measurements if you buy one from an online apparel store.
- Statement Tops: Graphic tees for men have always been a wardrobe staple, but these pieces are getting a high fashion makeover. T-shirts and sweaters are both sporting statement art and messages this year. If you sport one of these tops, remember to keep it tasteful. Interesting and political does not mean cheesy and raunchy.
- Loose Fits: Breaking away from the fitted trends of past years, oversized sweaters and wide-legged pants are now essential wardrobe additions. To pull off this look, be sure to pair the oversized piece with something more fitted. This will balance out your outfit.
- Bags: This trend will bring you back to choosing the right back pack for the first day of school. But grownup bags for men are taking on a more stylish twist. You might want to pick up canvas or leather satchels or back packs for work. Fashionable and functional, our selection of Supreme back packs might be a solid place to start.
From your flawless turtleneck to your Supreme back packs, you will be ready for Fall by trying out these trends. Remember that nonverbal cues have four times the impact on first impressions than verbal cues, so this season is your chance to stun at that job interview or first date. As the trees let go of their leaves, you can let go of old style habits for some seasonal trends.