With our digital generation getting more done online, virtual shopping is clearly the way to go. Not only is it more convenient for the consumer, but it’s also more profitable for the retailer. A store that has an online presence rather than a physical retail store could earn a total of $100,000 per year in profit while selling a comparable amount. If you are jumping on the online shopping trend, make sure you are doing it right. Whether searching for the slickest Supreme caps or the weekender bags, follow these tips to scoring quality clothes from online stores.
- Know your measurements. Since you won’t be able to try on your online finds, it’s important to read the sizing information. Make sure that you know your body measurements in order to buy the right sizes. This is especially important for pants and shorts since the wrong fit will be too frumpy or tight.
- Sleep on it. Online shopping and impulsivity seem to go together. Fight the urge to break the bank by taking a day to think about it. If you’re still sure that your find is a must-have, go ahead and fill your virtual cart. It’s obviously worth it.
- Buy complete outfits. Rather than buying bold graphic tees and 5 panel hats separately, try building a few outfits while browsing online. This will ensure that you don’t snag anything that doesn’t go with the clothing you already own. The average online apparel store will have multiple types of clothing, so take the time to check out different outfit pieces.
- Research the clothing materials. Whether sifting through potential backpacks for work or the coolest shirts, be sure to check the material. The last thing you want is to be tugging at your collar because the fabric freaks you out. You want to be comfortable, so take the time to look into this.
- Remember your favorite online stores. Once you find an online store that works for you, be sure to take note of that. Remember what your size is for that store and what specific pieces you like to buy there.
The next time you are looking for Supreme caps, t-shirts, or other products, be sure to take your time and buy something you really like. View your online shopping experience like a real life shopping experience by only choosing things that you really like and can see yourself wearing.